Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nutcase and Pappachubba Flex


I've been on this bass driven instrumental tip lately. Im really diggin the sparse bass driven nature of heaps of dubstep which owes just a little of its stylistic approach to the musical forms of drum and bass and jungle. This quest for bass had me diggin through my old cds, One of the titles i found was Nutcase and Pappachubba's Flex. This was an Australian duo one half being Paul Mac from Booboo and Mace and Itch-E and Scratch-E fame. The latter being famous for winning an ARIA in 95 and thanking the ectasy dealers of australia. I remember hearing flex being rinsed on 2SER's Montage show when it came out in 97. Its a solid excursion into sub bass driven melodys, dark synths and uplifting vocals and of course the amen break being chopped up and processed through a thousand different effects. I couldn't find an image online but interestingly enough the cd is availble through several european music stores and seems to go for around $50 Aus dollars. Not bad considering most australians have probably never heard of the group.


Nutcase and Puppachubba Flex

4 comments:

OLIVER EIGHTY ONE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dreck said...

Dammit!
I'm from Australia and used to have this on CD. The front cover artwork was really good and consisted of a line drawing of two chimps wearing headphones.
Is a really solid example jungle.

kicks79 said...

Yeah i still have the cd just been too lazy to take a photo of the cover. I suppose i really should get around to it ha ha

George said...

I have & love this album - have worn out the CD plastic! Can you guys suggest where I can get a fix of stuff like it? The closest I've found is occasionally some artists they play on dubstep.fm have a similar feel.