Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hardcore Tuesday

Okay im either reliving my teenage years or im feeling a little rowdy either way here's some classics that you need in your life.

I had this on tape. Still do some where. Great song i vaguely remember trading something for this. Gotta love albums that have seventeen songs and clock in around the 30 min mark.


Minor Threat were so ill. Its a shame so many idiots latched onto their philosophy and turned some great ideals into a stupid elitist scene. I had some people in my life back then that i always thought about when i played this song.


I flipped out when i first heard MDC. Their music and politics were on some take no prisoners shit. Total hardcore. I mean their name alone throws down the gauntlet Millions Of Dead Cops. They used to change it up for each album. Some where along the way my Shades of Brown album went missing. Any one got it ?


I always liked the 80's US hardcore bands better than the 70's UK punk scene. The US just didn't fuck around where the UK seemed more about fashion. Black Flag was the leader of the pack for me. A no bullshit let's go approach to music and attitude.


This guy i went to Tafe with back in the day lent me a cd of this. It was a double album Wild In The Streets backed with Group sex. Funnily enough it all fitted on a single disk. Love that Cali Punk sound. Thanks Ben.


Ben had a brother Andrew. One night after having watched some bands at The Phoenician Club (fuck Bob Carr for closing it down) and heading back northside on the train we were going through a bunch of records that he'd bought at the show. One of them was Bouncing Soul's The Good The Bad The Arglye. Being the inquisitive guy i am i asked him what it sounded like. So he lent it to me. I took it home and was blown away. It became my favorite album for years to come.


I could keep going on and on but i think i'll save it for next tuesday. So I'll leave you with some screeching weasel without which of course there would be no such bands as blink 182 and fall out boy who all suck anyway ha ha

1 comment:

OLIVER EIGHTY ONE said...

Great post, furthermore, related somewhat - this rules: http://www.foolsgoldrecs.com/blog/2009/06/01/foolcast-002-congorock-the-furious-years/#more-655

CR's mix tracklisting for:
FOOLCAST 002 - THE FURIOUS YEARS
01. Minor Threat - In My Eyes
02. Husker Du - Real World
03. Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off
04. Fugazi - Do You Like Me
05. Bad Brains - Pay To Cum
06. Black Flag - My War
07. Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing
08. Gorilla Biscuits - Stand Still
09. Born Against - Shroud
10. Rhythm Collision - Hippie Now
11. Doom - Police Bastard
12. Avail - On The Nod
13. Acme - Blind
14. His Hero Is Gone - Scare Tactic / Fool’s Gold
15. Los Crudos - Tiempos De La Miseria
16. Swing Kids - El Camino Carcrash
17. Integrity - Systems Overloading
18. Page 99 - In Love With An Apparition
19. Cripple Bastards - A Dispetto Della Discrezione
20. Earth Crisis - Firestorm
21. This Machine Kills - Take Back The Night
22. Death Of Anna Karina - The Infection
23. La Quiete - Il Destino Di Un Ombrello
24. In/Humanity - Occultonomy
25. Negazione - Tutti Pazzi